Who We Are
Status International (UK) Limited ('We' or 'us' or 'our') gather and process your personal information in relation to your individual use of the Status Smart Mobile Application ("the App") in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection regulation and laws. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and our obligations, and explains how, why and when we process your personal data in relation to the use of the App.
Status International (UK) Limited's registered office is at Unit 1 Whitehall 26 Business Park, Heathfield Lane, Birkenshaw, West Yorkshire, BD11 2HW and we are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 02561562.
Information That We Collect
Status International (UK) Limited process your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services in relation to the App. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this notice.
Examples of personal data that we may collect from you is:
- Email Address;
- Telephone Number;
- Mobile Telephone Number;
- User ame;
- [Profile picture];
- Device Information, including MAC address, IP address, mobile network information;
- Usage data relating to number of visits, downloads and other usage of the App;
- Location information.
We collect information in the below ways:
Completion of new account set up form, verbally, information contained in emails sent to us, setting up a user account in the Status Smart Mobile Application.
How We Use Your Personal Data
- We collect your personal data in the performance of a contract or to provide or improve a service;
- We collect and store your personal data as part of our legal obligation for business accounting and tax purposes, to comply with the law, to respond to requests from public and government authorities or to enforce our contracts;
- We may occasionally send you marketing information where we have assessed that it is beneficial to you as a customer and in our interests. Such information will be non-intrusive and is processed on the grounds of legitimate interests;
You have the right to access any personal information that Status International (UK) Limited processes about you and to request information about:
- What personal data we hold about you;
- The purposes of the processing;
- The categories of personal data concerned;
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed;
- How long we intent to store your personal data for;
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source.
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to correct it as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing (where applicable) in accordance with the data protection laws; as well as to object to any direct marketing from us; to exercise your data portability rights, and to be informed about any automated decision-making we may use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We will share your personal data with TUYA Inc. ("TUYA") of 75 E Santa Clara St, 6th Floor, San Jose, California 95113 USA and 5,6,7,8 and 11th Floor, No 3 building, More Centre, 87 Gudun Road, Xihu District, HangZhou, China. TUYA provide software for the App and IT services and TUYA will retain your personal data.
for information about how they will hold your personal data.
We may also share your personal data with:
- other business partners who provide you, directly or indirectly, with services for the App;
- to third party providers who perform certain business-related functions for us, such as data analysis, payment and credit card processing, infrastructure provision, customer support service and other services necessary to provide the App;
- to affiliates of ours or TUYA's, in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other sale of our assets;
- as we believe necessary to comply with our legal obligations;
- to subsidiaries or affiliates of ours or TUYA's to carry out business activities.
Status International (UK) Limited takes your privacy seriously and takes every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your person data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including:
SSL, TLS, encryptions, restricted access, IT authentication, firewalls, anti-virus/malware.
Transfers Outside the EU
Personal data in the European Union is protected by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) but some other countries may not necessarily have the same high standard of protection. Status International (UK) Limited may choose to store data in a cloud and data will be kept by TUYA as detailed under the heading 'Sharing and Disclosing your Personal Information'. As a result data may be transferred outside the EU. By using our products and services you acknowledge and agree to personal information being transferred in this way.
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to Status International (UK) Limited, however, as this information is required for us to deliver your products, we will not be able to offer some/all our services without it.
How Long We Keep Your Data
Status International (UK) Limited only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
Lodging a Complaint
Status International (UK) Limited only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Status International (UK) Limited
Unit 1 Whitehall 26 Business Park
+44 1274 852200
Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)
Cookies are widely used to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, and our site relies on cookies to optimise user experience and for features and services to function properly.
Most web browsers allow some control to restrict or block cookies through the browser settings, however if you disable cookies you may find this affects your ability to use certain parts of our website or services. For more information about cookies visit https://www.aboutcookies.org
We may update this policy from time to time and we encourage you to review this policy periodically.
©Status International (UK) Limited 2019